Download your Free CDL Manual
Now that you have downloaded your CDL Manual PDF for your state, you are ready to start studying the mountain of information that is located in your CDL Manual. Just remember to take each section at a time and don’t look at the whole project!
10 Tips for Remembering Things and Important Information for Tests
Here are 10 tips to help you remember all the information that is located in your state CDL Manual.
- Make sure you actually understand the information you are trying to remember. Relate the information to things that you already know.
- Recite the information over and over. Repetition has great results.
- Form associations with people, places, situations, emotions or objects to the facts you are trying to retain.
- Break the data into smaller parts. Once you have that down, work on remembering the information as a whole.
- Relating the knowledge to your life, your experiences. This will make it easier to remember.
- Organize the data. Neater, organized data is easier to retain.
- Use visual imagery. Imagine yourself doing a walk-around, safety checks, and shifting gears.
- Try to apply what you must remember. Practice walk around like you are actually walking around your rig.
- Create memory games using the information you are trying to remember. Create acronyms.
- Test yourself. Use Flash Cards, half pieces of paper, or have another ask you questions.
Studying For Your CDL License
The best advice I can give you is to just buckle down and do it. Once you get this part down, you get to start driving the rig.